Dottie's Update

Dottie

May 21, 2011

Hello Everyone,

Its been a very long journey on the net for me since I first joined the internet because of a hurt foot that need to be elevated. When I joined I went to msn computing chats and meet some wonderful and not too wonderful chatters. On June 5th 1999 I was asked to be a host and I accepted. Never thought I would still be hosting all these years. It is now time for me share a few things.

I would like to share bit about my self which I am sure some have figured out and others never will.

1st of all I am married to a wonderful guy. We have been married for 44 years. Yes 44 and I have two children a son and a daughter, 4 grandchildren all adults 3 girls and one boy, I also have 3 great grand children two girls in college and one boy who is 8 years old. We have a wonderful family and I love each and everyone of them.

I celebrated my 82nd birthday this past May and have been thinking of retiring from hosting for some time now. It is hard at this age to keep up with all the things I feel are needed to be an asset to the team. I have discussed this a little bit with Koach and he reminds me that is a small part of being an Ircop and I am ok with that but I felt I should let all of you know why it is so difficult for me to remember things and why I depend on all of you so much.

I will be leaving the ircop position as of May 24th my 83 Birthday. The future in chat is still unclear at this time as I want to have more time in the evening to spend sewing and entertaining friends and family. Hubby is really looking forward to the change too. He knows that the tv is taking too much of his time and the computer too much of my time and we both agree we should do some changes, while we still can.

Koach you have been wonderful to allow me to be part of the great team you have.

I am very fond of all of you.

Dottie

il miss you dottie! your an awsome ircop!!! everyone from msnchat will forever be in my heart that means you too dottie..thanks for everything...even if ive been a total drag to the network....try and come back dottie!

Dottie, you have been a great asset to this team from day one. I, for one, am very sorry you made this decision. That being said, I understand your reasoning and wanting to spend more time with family, but don't forget that you are a part of the koach.com family as well, so visit us now and then and update us on your life. Have a wonderful life, you deserve it, you're truly one of a kind.

• Administrators

Dottie I'm going to miss you, we have been friends for quite a few years now, but I understand and respect your wishes to move on and spend more time with your husband and your wonderful family. I am going to miss our nightly chats and I am going to miss your happy and always kind words in #Koachsworkshop. You have more patience and tact than I shall ever have I'm sure. I also thank you for your friendship and support especially over the past couple of years when things for me were somewhat torrid.

I'm sure you'll be back to chat with us now and then, and I know that you and I shall continue as friends for a long time to come.

• Administrators

Dottie,

I certainly understand your desire to spend more time with your family. I find myself spending more and more time with my children and grandchildren too.

You have been an intregral, important part of koach.com ever since we opened when MSN closed. Of course, you were an important part of MSN chat too :)

I plan on retiring your nick just like sports heros have their uniform number retired. The nick Dottie will always be yours. lol, better not lose the password.

Message from NickServ:

-NickServ- Nick Dottie will not expire.

Please drop in and see us as your time permits.

Thanks for all the help you have given to koach.com. I truly appreciate it.

Koach

Dottie~

I know we've never had the chance to chat as often as I would have liked but, from what chatting we have done I can see that you're a very sweet and compassionate lady.

I feel very lucky to have had the pleasure to have had chats, I certainly can understand why you've decided to retire, family has always been first and foremost for me and you've got quite a family both in your home and here on, koach.com. Hopefully you'll return to keep us informed with you and the family. I'll miss you, Dottie but i'll also know how happy you are.

Take care & God bless you and your loving family.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers always.

with much love. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Dottie, i understand your desire to spend more time with your family. enjoy your time with them and please drop in to see us you will be missed you are/were an important part in msn chat and koach.com

when msn chat was closing down you said you would be chatting at koach.com and i said ( i will be stalking Dottie LOL ) gonna miss you, you always had a smile for every1 that entered a room so i hope you visit very often :D

Spike

to Koach thank - you for Message from NickServ:

-NickServ- Nick Dottie will not expire. because Dottie aka --green--eyes-- is simply 1 of a kind nobody can replace her

Dottie, it has been great working with you. You have been a wonderful example of patience and tolerance, thank you. I hope you will come to visit us sometimes.

I'll miss you.

Hugs,

gh`

Dottie:

Although we are three time zones apart, I always looked forward to your arrival before I logged off for the evening. An evening without a hello from you will not be the same. Please don't be a stranger and drop in frequently to say hello to us.

Dottie, you've been a great friend over the years, with many good discussions and fun times. I hope you decide to continue to come to koachsworkshop every so often, otherwise I'll miss you.

I wish you the best

Just remember not to be much of a stranger around here. Even though you and I didn't always see eye-to-eye doesn't meant that you weren't alright in my book. It's incredible that you're at 82 years of age and still kicking around people on Koach (in the most kindest of ways, possible). Take care and enjoy every day to its fullest. Life is too boring to not enjoy what you do. :)

I am sure we shall chat again as I will miss koach.com and all of you. Thanks for all the kindness you have shown me over the years. Life changes are hard to make but I shall stay positive about this as it will be an opportunity to do some other things. Keep a light in the window and a key where I can find it. I shall not forget my password.

Will see you again, Dottie

Day03-vi.gif