What is your personality?

Star

A number of us took a Humanmetrics personality test in chat tonight (thanks to charles) and I thought it might be fun to collect our types here. :)

The test is at: http://www.humanmetr...win/jtypes2.asp

These are links to the 16 personality types so we can read about each other:

• ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers
  • ESTJ - The Guardians
  • ISFJ - The Nurturers
  • ESFJ - The Caregivers
  • ISTP - The Mechanics
  • ESTP - The Doers
  • ESFP - The Performers
  • ISFP - The Artists
  • ENTJ - The Executives
  • INTJ - The Scientists
  • ENTP - The Visionaries
  • INTP - The Thinkers
  • ENFJ - The Givers
  • INFJ - The Protectors
  • ENFP - The Inspirers
  • INFP - The Idealists

I am an ENTP (long form Meyer Briggs instrument used)

The full MBTI for ENTP is:

ENTP

Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

by the way, INTJ: Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

An aside: the majority of US Army officers are personality type INTJ.

• 1 month later...

Fun topic. My result was an ENFJ. I have no idea if this is what it was years ago when I took Myers Briggs, but - to throw a little wrench in this thread - I think the %'s that are displayed are important. Mine seem much more balanced today than 20 years ago - woo hoo. This shows (I think) how I'm mellowing and balancing out in my golden years. So - here they are:

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging Strength of the preferences % 11 25 38 22

Thanks for posting, grip. That is good information about the percentages. I will see what can be done about them. I'm not sure how many of us are balanced, but definitely worth looking into. :)

• 1 month later...