Merry Christmas

Nan I spoke to my boys yesterday, Ryan asked me if since he was in Colorado if you were still down there. I said yes, He asked me to tell you merry Christmas and wanted to know if it was snowing where you were. I told him I did not think so but promised to ask you. My Boys have been playing in the snow all week and Ryan told me it was melting some now. It is making me want to hop on a flight and go play in the snow with them. Unfortunately my work schedule won't let me. 

• Administrators

Well Ryan, it doesn't snow where I live, because although I'm up in the mountains, I'm quite close to the Equator.  Yes I'm still down under America so when it's cold and snowing there, it's warm and hot here.   Merry Christmas Ryan, I hope Santa found you and your brother in Colorado, I did have a quick word to Santa and asked him to make sure he didn't miss you on his way around the world.   Have a great holiday !!

Yes, Santa was good to them. Uncle Mike bought the boys each a .22 handgun. They are shipping them here and hopefully will be here by the time they get home. They are staying till next Monday and going to the Game there Sunday. Now I have got to find a place where I can teach the boys how to shoot. I also will have to buy a gun safe. A .22 can kill. They also got a ton of other stuff too. I just hope Uncle Mike don't stick some wacky backy in one those packages. They have Christmas  gifts here still unopened.

• Administrators

That is the scariest thing I've read in a long time ... sorry and we will have to agree to disagree on this one, but giving young children firearms is not my idea of responsibility.  

With all due respect that is just an opinion. My boys will never have unfettered access to those pistols and when not being used will be locked up in a gun safe. When they are of age they will be given the pistols. Firearms are part of the culture of the US and it is my opinion that children need to be taught their care and proper use. I have 2 handguns myself. I had a small lock-box they stayed in. With those 2 handguns I bought a gun safe today. It is my opinion the epitome of irresponsibility to not teach children proper firearm use and care and have them grow up like that. 

• Administrators

Yep Dawn it's just my opinion which I understand is completely different to your opinion but that's a good thing.  I am glad that I live in a place where I don't have to deal with with things like that :)   

With all that has happened since Friday I am just now seeing your last post Nan. I have a cousin that is a lot like you in regard to firearms. I love her like a sister and because I respect her I keep my firearm out of her sight when around her. I too wish I lived in a place where there are no firearms. However this link is just a sampling of the news I see almost everyday. Just a little while back the city of Newport News had a shooting a day for several days. Even though I am married now there will come a time when I will be alone with the boys. The only real protection I will have if something like this happened to me is the 9MM I keep close to me. It is a dang shame but it is the reality of living where I do. One of my neighbors used to live in Norfolk a few years back. Her brother was killed just walking down the sidewalk after getting his paycheck. I don't know if you remember it but a while back I had a problem with the man that lived next to me. He was at the time a deputy US Marshal and for some reason thought Lisa and I was 'easy'. The only real protection I had if he had chosen to forcefully enter my apartment was a plastic baseball bat of Cody's. I stayed scared for almost 2 weeks. Today if someone tries to forcefully enter my apartment their going to die from lead poisoning.  Stormy has said this many times and I am in 100% agreement. I rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6. Those firearms arrived here Saturday. Right now they are in that safe. Josh also has a firearm and knows a place to take the boys and teach them firearm safety and let them enjoy shooting. Starting Monday afternoon I have a brutal work schedule. I have 10 straight days on the 3PM to 1AM shift. I am not sure if I can go with them.