Happy Halloween!

Koach

I stayed home to work on thesis and prepare for a number of errands I needed to run today. There are no children around here as I live in a senior (55+) community. My impression is that nowdays children would stay within their own neighborhoods where there is some degree of security. Did you do anything, David?

• Administrators

I didn't do anything either. I didn't have anyone knock on my door, but in Australia, it's not really a big celebration. I think too as Star said, parents keep the kids closer to home and perhaps have a party at home rather than let them go out into the neighbourhood.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a few parties up north the weekend prior to Halloween, mainly in Boston. Rocked some socks off and partied hard... then came back here. Nothing too horrible happened, nor did I become the "insanely over-intoxicated rampaging David" that some grew to know (lol). Just had fun with friends and kicked back some beers. All was gravy.

My grandparents don't like trick-or-treating kids (mainly because they fear that the kids will inevitably attack their house with eggs/toilet paper/gelatin with pig's blood... the last one was one of my old tricks as a kid, don't ask). Either way, we all chilled and I bought them some of those Reese's Peanut Butter pumpkin-shaped treats for them. Other than that, calm on the night of Halloween at least.