If this was 2008 ---------

----- and Obama had just become President Elect and this happened you would hear the screaming across ALL THE MEDIA.

I am going to post the Detroit News link supporting this!

From WND

One of Michigan’s 16 electors who will be called upon to cast a vote validating the election of Donald Trump in the Electoral College has testified on video that he and others in the state are receiving “dozens and dozens of death threats” from Hillary Clinton supporters urging them to switch their votes to Clinton.

On Dec. 19 the Electoral College will convene to cast their votes for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, with each state’s electors pledged to vote for the candidate elected on Nov. 8 in their state.

But a handful of states have no laws making it illegal for the electors to change their vote while others have only a minor penalty such as a fine for doing so. If Clinton’s supporters can get enough of the 163 electors from states where Trump both won and votes can be legally switched on Dec. 19, Hillary Clinton becomes the next president of the United States.

Michael Banerian, 22, of Oakland County, Michigan, is one of that state’s 16 official electors who will meet in the state capital of Lansing on Dec. 19 to cast their votes for Trump. He told the Detroit News Thursday he has received threatening emails, lots of them, from people telling him to vote for Democrat Clinton instead of the GOP victor he is pledged to support. Trump won Michigan’s popular vote and should be able to count on the 16 electoral votes in that state.

But Clinton supporters have “deluged Banerian and other GOP electors with pleas and nasty emails to reverse course and cast their ballots for Clinton,” the Michigan Republican Party is reporting.

“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,'” he told the News in a 6-minute video interview. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”

He said that while many of the emails are clearly death threats, others would fall into the category of “death wishes.”

Things like, “do society a favor and throw yourself in front of a bus.”

“I’ve just gotten a lot of ‘you’re a hateful bigot and I hope you die,’ which is kind of ironic,” Banerian said, “that they’re calling me hateful and yet wishing for my death. They don’t even know me.”

The Detroit News verified one message containing a death wish and another containing a death threat, in which the person told Banerian he would “put a bullet” in his mouth. Banerian said he deleted the rest of the emails and messages “because as you can imagine they’re clogging up my email.”

An online petition on Change.org signed by more than 4.3 million people is calling on the nation’s 538 electors to vote for Clinton instead of Trump.

Banerijan says he will not be intimidated and has no plans of changing his vote.

“Even if I could, I wouldn’t be remotely interested in changing my vote,” Banerian, a political science student in his senior year at Oakland University and youth vice chair of the Michigan Republican Party, told the News. “The people of Michigan spoke, and it’s our job to deliver that message.”

He says even if he could change his vote, it’s not allowed. “That’s a misconception that I wish people knew about. It’s just a Google search away,” he said.

He will be in the Michigan capital of Lansing on Dec. 19 to proudly cast his vote for Trump.

Attending a liberal university in a state that has voted for Democrat presidents in the previous two elections, he said he doesn’t get many chances to celebrate a political victory. So he is especially proud to be taking part in the democratic process in Michigan that helped elect a Republican president.

He participated in a counter protest recently in which a Trump supporter was assaulted by a Clinton supporter, who came running toward him and other who had to “dodge out of the way.”

“What I would ask Michiganders and Americans to do is act like Americans,” he said.

“Americans don’t assault each other for political differences,” he added. “Americans don’t get in each other’s faces, spit on people, try to throw them to the ground. That’s not what Americans are all about. In many ways both sides have contributed to a lot of anger, and much of it well founded, but, I just ask everyone to act like an American. Americans’ don’t do this stuff. We don’t send death threats, we don’t beat each other up for political differences, that’s not what Americans are about, and Americans that have done that throughout history have been cast out of our society, and rightfully so. We don’t act like that so I just ask that we all live up to the responsibility of being Americans.”

Although critics have complained that the people’s will is being thwarted because Clinton narrowly leads in the national popular vote, Banerian said the system will be vindicated when he and other electors go to Lansing on Dec. 19. Electoral College defenders have argued that America’s founding fathers designed the system to protect small states from being dominated by states with large urban populations.

Another Michigan elector, Kenneth Crider, told the News he hasn’t received any death threats but has gotten more than 300 emails from people in other states asking him to vote for Clinton instead of Trump on Dec. 19.

The 51-year-old heating and air-conditioning technician said many of the emails were from teachers and professors trying to explain to him the gravity of the situation, urging him to change his mind.

But he said there’s no swaying his vote.

“I’m 100 percent behind Donald Trump,” Crider told the local newspaper.

Even if Banerian, Crider or one of the other electors had a change of heart, Michigan law says their votes would become null and void and another elector would be put in their place to cast a vote for Trump.

But not all states are that strict. Some electors could change their minds and cast votes for Clinton, a prospect that political analysts say is unlikely since candidates tend to recruit the most loyal supporters to be electors.

But that doesn’t stop the Clinton supporters from trying.

“We are calling on the electors to ignore their states’ votes and cast their ballots for Secretary Clinton,” the Change.org petition said. “Mr. Trump is unfit to serve. His scapegoating of so many Americans, and his impulsivity, bullying, lying, admitted history of sexual assault, and utter lack of experience make him a danger to the Republic.”

While some lobbying is peaceful, other electors report receiving intimidating emails or messages, while to possibility of bribery is also feared.

“Hearing from them that they are also receiving threats, I’m interested in getting a consensus from the group … and seeing if it’s something that we should report to the police,” Sarah Anderson, the Michigan Republican Party spokeswoman, told the News. “It’s obviously something that we’re taking very seriously.”

Banerian said he has not yet reported any threats to the police but is considering doing so.

BuzzFeed reported Thursday that the #NotMyPresident Alliance, a national anti-Donald Trump protest group, has released the personal information of dozens of Electoral College members in states that voted Republican.

A spreadsheet distributed to supporters Wednesday included the electors’ personal phone numbers, addresses, religions, races, genders and candidate preference.

The group hopes its members and citizens around the country will contact electors and pressure them to change their vote from Trump to another candidate before Dec. 19.

The FBI should be in Michigan and the US Attorneys Office should be leading the investigation. Hopefully after Trump takes office this will happen. This has got to be a violation of Federal Law. Oh I forgot the law means nothing to these assholes.

• Administrators

Nope, law doesn't mean a thing to Crooked Hillary. But, she would need not just a few electoral college electors to change their votes, but quite a few. I don't think that would happen. If it did, I am sure it would end up in the Supreme Court. That would really be a mess and would drag on for months.

If it does happen, there will be a lot more than protests happening in the U.S.

I agree that this could be a long drawn out process. That being said, I also believe that the DOJ and FBI should be looking through these emails and indicted all of them for attempting to subvert the Election results, therefore attempting to subvert the American Government's operations.

• Administrators

LOL Dawn, you are starting to remind me of my mother :P   As she got older her only interest was politics and she would cut out newspaper stories to show us when we were in Australia on holiday .. we didn't read them but she felt better thinking we had ;) 

Unfortunately this is not as much about politics as it is about violating the law.  in some cases these are terroristic threats and are a violation of the law in all 50 states. In my adult life I remember 4 elections. 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. In my life I have never seen this kind of visceral reactions by the losers of an election.

• Administrators

I agree, I'm sure it's happened in other places but I don't recall when or where and having lived away from my own country for many years, I didn't have to put up with all the politics and ensuing mumbo jumbo.  IF for some reason and through some loophole, they overturn the election result prior to Trump taking office, I think it would put the USA in a very poor light in the global community.  And although some think it doesn't matter what other places think, it really does when it comes to trade, economy and the various alliances countries have with each other.  I hope it's all calmed down before January.

• Administrators

But, people do have the right to protest, no matter how stupid the reason. Also, I don't think trying to get Electoral College Electors to vote against the states election results can really be called a terrorist threat.  

• Administrators

Yes people have a right to be disenchanted in the outcome of a vote, and to voice their grievances, but they don't have a right to do that by destroying property that doesn't belong to them, by causing mayhem and disrupting life for others.   I don't consider any of that as a terrorist threat, it's just people who didn't get their way, acting on a way that tends to prove they should never have had their way in the first place.  

I would consider death threats terroristic threats. This is not a fake news site.

Republican members of the Electoral College are facing pressure, harassment and even death threats as disgruntled opponents of President-elect Donald Trump mount a last-ditch push to keep him out of the White House.
The electors are slated to meet Dec. 19 in their home states to make the Nov. 8 election results official, which is normally a formality — but not this year.
Texas Republican Alex Kim said he and his fellow electors have been inundated with emails and phone calls from those urging them to consider switching their votes for Mr. Trump to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
“At first, everyone was kind of enchanted by it,” Mr. Kim told NBC5 in Dallas-Fort Worth.” Now all the electors are starting to get beaten down. There are some electors who have been threatened with harm or with death.”
Michael Banerian, a Michigan elector and youth chairman of the state Republican Party, said he has received several messages threatening violence.
“You have people saying, ‘You’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’” Mr. Banerian told The Detroit News. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”
n Idaho, Secretary of State Lawerence Denney issued a statement last week calling on Trump foes to stop harassing the state’s four electors.
“While there is no federal requirement binding electors to their pledge, and while Idaho is one of 21 states that does not have state-level legislation to force an elector to comply, attempting to sway an elector’s commitment to their party through insults, vulgar language, or threats simply lacks civility,” Mr. Denney said.
“These are people who have volunteered to represent our state and their party in a process that goes back to the founding of our nation,” he said. “If the presidential election had been different, the presidential electors would be from a different party and would still deserve the same respect. They don’t deserve to be mistreated by someone just because that person doesn’t agree with the outcome of the election.”

Electors are typically party stalwarts who hardly ever break ranks, but opponents of Mr. Trump argue that this year’s election calls for desperate measures.
A Change.org petition that has gathered 4.5 million signatures maintains that Mrs. Clinton deserves the presidency because she appears to have received more votes nationwide and that Mr. Trump is “unfit to serve” as a result of factors such as his “utter lack of experience.”
Meanwhile, two Democratic electors are spearheading a movement called #HamiltonElectors to persuade Republican Electoral College members to dump Mr. Trump in favor of a moderate Republican.
It’s a long shot, but the Democrats from Colorado and Washington state hope to persuade 270 electors — Democrats and Republicans — to reject the will of the voters in order to avoid a Trump presidency.
“We support Alexander Hamilton’s vision: that Electors be free to vote their conscience for the good of America,” tweeted the group, referring to the Founding Father.
At least one Republican elector has blinked: In Georgia, Baoky Vu was replaced shortly after he said in August that he might not be able to support Mr. Trump, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
Georgia’s 16 Republican electors have been bombarded with requests to change their votes to Mrs. Clinton, but the Republicans are holding firm.
“I’m getting deluged,” Michael McNeely, an elector and vice chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, told the Journal-Constitution. “But for all the efforts of those sending those out, there’s no wavering at all. I’m fully supporting Donald Trump, and I’m not concerned any of us will flip.”
While 24 states bind their electors to the winning candidate, little can be done to punish “faithless electors” after the fact other than impose fines.
There have been only 157 faithless electors in U.S. history, and none has changed the outcome of a presidential election by voting against the party’s nominee, Mr. Denney said.
Mr. Kim and Mr. Banerian said there is no chance they will heed the pleas of Democrats and abandon Mr. Trump.
“When people ask me to vote for Hillary Clinton, there’s no way,” Mr. Kim said. “I reject the Democratic Party principles, and I reject Hillary Clinton.”
Said Mr. Banerian, a senior at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan: “Even if I could, I wouldn’t be remotely interested in changing my vote. The people of Michigan spoke, and it’s our job to deliver that message.”