Stuck in the middle

Nan

• Administrators

We have two cyclones in this part of Australia today - at this time it's expected that neither will hit where I live (about 70 miles south west of Cairns) - so as you can see we are the "meat in the sandwich" - it is getting very windy here but don't expect it to get much worse as these two systems move over land tomorrow.

cyclones March 2014.png

• Administrators

Me too Koach, but the way the tracking maps are now, we are on the outer edge of both, so other than getting winds from different directions, it shouldn't be too bad

• Administrators

Star the map above is the one posted by our Met Office .. the image attached here, is the "Earth Wind Map" that I was telling you about, it's amazing and you can scroll in and out and move to anywhere in the world to see what the winds are doing.  Here is the image for today and you can see the two cyclones (Gillian and Hadi) that are affecting Australia right now.

For anyone who is interested the link to the Earth Wind Map is http://earth.nullschool.net/   you can use your scroll wheel to zoom in and out, and drag the world with your mouse to whatever country or angle you want.

Earth Wind Map 10 March 2014.jpg