American Hunters

Stormy

American Hunters  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin...
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000! 843,259 Source 
Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the 8th largest army in the world. 
(That’s more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.) 
These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, And NO ONE WAS KILLED.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 (943,836 in 2014 Source who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania's and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, (640,000) Source 
ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY. 
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more. 
________ The point? ________ 

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower! 
Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. 
It's also a matter of national security. 
That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought, when next we consider gun control. Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens??? 
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

Edited by Stormy
Had to add another question :(

I would settle this by making certain that anyone who applied for a background check have a recent Psychiatric evaluation before purchasing a gun or obtaining a permit.

If they pass, then they would be allowed to carry a concealed weapon after attending a Gun Handler's course and successfully passing all requirements.

The Gun Handler course should be taught by a federally Certified Officer and overseen by a State Licensed Law Enforcement Officer.

The trouble might be finding certified psychiatrists who are not predisposed to consider anyone believing that guns serve a legitimate purpose.  I would rather settle for a thorough background check (current and past residences and job history) and passing a gun handler course as outlined above.

• Administrators

Is this a trick question?      However, as it may be genuine,  I will repeat what I've said before in similar discussions about the American beliefs on owning firearms (or any other country).

If there are laws permitting "everyone" to own firearms, I absolutely agree with Smiley's comments.  I also believe there should also be laws about the security of those weapons.  Firearms shouldn't be left on a rack or under the bed or in a place where they are easily accessible to anyone and, I can hear you groaning already, every bullet fired should be accountable.  Sure there will be the criminals who will use weapons illegally just like they do everywhere else, but if the general, law abiding population want to have firearms they should be responsible and have them secured so that nobody else can easily use them.

I would hope that all those hunters who just loving killing deer and other animals for the thrill of the chase (and I don't include the farmers who use a firearm to protect their stock from a predator), are also responsible users and keep their firearms under lock and key when not out hunting.  Whether I would want them protecting my country, I am not sure about that at all.  

Is this a trick question?      However, as it may be genuine,  I will repeat what I've said before in similar discussions about the American beliefs on owning firearms (or any other country).

If there are laws permitting "everyone" to own firearms, I absolutely agree with Smiley's comments.  I also believe there should also be laws about the security of those weapons.  Firearms shouldn't be left on a rack or under the bed or in a place where they are easily accessible to anyone and, I can hear you groaning already, every bullet fired should be accountable.  Sure there will be the criminals who will use weapons illegally just like they do everywhere else, but if the general, law abiding population want to have firearms they should be responsible and have them secured so that nobody else can easily use them.

I would hope that all those hunters who just loving killing deer and other animals for the thrill of the chase (and I don't include the farmers who use a firearm to protect their stock from a predator), are also responsible users and keep their firearms under lock and key when not out hunting.  Whether I would want them protecting my country, I am not sure about that at all.  

All good points, Nan, I absolutely agree that every round purchased should be accounted for, however how that could be done is a mystery to me.

This is what I was hoping for, good ideas from thinking people, not just people who agree with my mindset. Truthfully speaking, I'm not 100% sure exactly what my mindset is on this topic at the present time.

Than k you for your input.

• Administrators

I saw this today on a graphic and thought it most appropriate .....   "If we simply required gun owners to carry liability insurance, the insurance industry would destroy the gun industry"