medicare

Just a small note. My ex used to be in private practice. One of the reasons he is no longer is the content of this article. Believe it or not but a Physician is lucky to get 30% of his fees reimbursed by medicare. This is in the face of the rising costs of things like labor, insurance ( which is murder on some specialties ) and fixed costs like office rentals and utilities. Anybody want to hazard a guess at what the typical doctors office set up costs said doctor a month? My ex hubbys office rent before he got out of private practice was very close to $4500 a month plus 1% of his total yearly profit. Anybody want to take a stab at how much it cost jimmy to be compliant with the paperless mandate? For the last 10 years he was in practice he actually made more in his families real estate business but only put in half the time. I'm not going to paste the article because there are things in it that don't paste well. But that article is a good read.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/risk-of-mass-exodus-of-doctors-from-medicare/