July 9, 2016: Reschedule of July 2, 2016: "Great Black Wave" by David Tallerman

Smiley

Due to conflicts with 4th of July travel and weekend activities for many of our regulars, we will postpone the discussion planned for July 3rd until the following week, July 10th (Sunday, July 11th if you live on the other side of the Pacific).

Sorry for the late notice.

Please join us for our next chat in #readers_corner at 8:30 P.M.(EDST) on July 2nd, 2016 (23:30 P.M. [GMT]), July 2nd, for a discussion of Great Black Wave by David Tallerman.  David Tallerman is relatively new but fairly prolific writer who has written several novels, scripted several graphic novels (we used to call them comic books), and a number of short stories.  This story was published (on line) in the June 2016 edition of Nightmare (online horror magazine)  It might be interesting to track his development as an author.  (There is a link to an interview with the author on the web site offering the story.)

This story, basically a horror fantasy, is brand new, just published this month.  It tells the tale of an ill fated military operation by a small patrol of British soldiers in Afghanistan.  The real horror comes from the .ombat situation, Afghanistan being one of less pleasant places in the world, especially for foreign soldiers.  I think that Dash will really like the story, but then I think we all will in one way or another.  Without reading too much between the lines, i think the story reflects the horror of fighting a war in the mountains of Afghanistan (ooops--did I imply that there might just be a deeper meaning in the tale than just a simple goosebump maker).

The story is available on line at:  http://www.nightmare-magazine.com/fiction/great-black-wave/

Meeting Place: 

Webchat: http://koach.com/cha...=readers_corner 

mIRC Users: /server -m chat3.koach.com:6667 -j #readers_corner

I feel sure we will have an entertaining and chat (so many things to talk about and such a limited time to do so), and i hope to see you all there.

LOG ATTACHED:   readers_corner20160709.txt