August 29th: "New Moon Wolf" by David B. Coe

Smiley

Please join us for our next chat in #readers_corner at 8:30 P.M. (EDST) on August 29th, 2015 (00:30 A.M., August 30th (GMT)), for a discussion of New Moon Wolf  by David B. Coe.  Like our last story this is one selected for free distribution by the editors of Baen Books. 

Baen Books (a publisher of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Literary Criticism relating to those genre') provides an on line catalog of its publication, some of which are offered to the public gratis.  Baen Books provides the following information regarding the copyrights associated with its free publications:

"As is usual with such copyrighted material from Baen (that provided gratis on the web site), the contents may be copied and shared but NOT sold. All commercial rights are reserved to Baen Books."

Unlike our last story this one is set in modern times in the southwestern USA.  It deals with the challenges faced by magical beings (such as wizards and werebeasts) from the point of view of those being.  Like many of the stories we discuss, there is more to this one that we would expect from the standard werewolf tale.  I think you will all enjoy it.

To make things easier, I have provided a .rtf copy of the the story as an attachment to this message.  That copy is provided under the restrictions on its use as listed by Baen Books in the above quoted paragraphs.  See this attachment:  New Moon Wolf.rtf

If you prefer, the story is available on line at:  http://www.baen.com/NewMoonWolf.asp

Meeting Place: 

Webchat: http://koach.com/cha...=readers_corner 

mIRC Users: /server -m chat3.koach.com:6667 -j #readers_corner

I will be visiting my son and his family on the west coast and will not be available for the discussion.  Stormy has graciously agreed to fill in for me (as he has so ably done in the past).  I should be back home and on my normal schedule by the first Saturday in September.

Don't forget to bring a friend (or several if you can manage it).