March 22: "The Gift of Music" by Sharon Lee

Smiley

Please join us at 8:30 p.m. (eastern daylight savings time) on Saturday, March 22, 2014  (i.e. 1:30 a.m. UTM on Sunday for those in other time zones) for a discussion of the short story The Gift of Music by Sharon Lee.  The story is a current one, published on line as a free sample.  Sharon Lee, a Baltimore ex-patriot now living in the cold environs of Maine, has been an established Science Fiction writer since the 1980's.  She has written short stories and novelettes as well as a number of novels, many of them in collaboration with her husband, Steve Miller.

Koach will note with approval that Lee, like Poe, spent years in Baltimore.  Anyone associated with Crab-cake Corners has to be good at what they do, and Lee is no exception to that rule.  I am sure you will enjoy this story.  I am also certain it will make for an interesting discussion.

The story can be found at:  http://www.baenebooks.com/10.1125/Baen/9781625792778/9781625792778.htm?blurb

Meeting Place:  #Readers_Corner

mIRC Users: /server -m chat3.koach.com:6667 -j #readers_corner 6667

As usual, please tell your friends about our #readers_corner chats, and encourage them to join us for a stimulating conversation.  I hope to see you all there.

Please Note:

The chat originally scheduled for March 22 has been postponed until April 5 due to real world conflicts.  We will discuss the story The Gift of Music on that later date.

Sorry for the need to reschedule.

Log of discussion attached:  Readers Log 5 Apr 2014.rtf