2007:05/26 The Ice Palace by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Koach_Bot

Thanks to all who joined us for our discussion of The Ice Palace by F. Scott Fitzgerald. (we missed some of our regulars Stormy & B, but welcomed a new chatter-Jo). Although Francis Scott was pretty well lambasted overall (note the rankings) we had a VERY active discussion and opinions ran North to South and South to North (wink). In fact, we may introduce a new ranking to include ranking the discussion itself - because although we were not enamored by this tale, we had a GREAT chat ! As one person said, it's amazing how many DIFFERENT ways we found to dislike this story lol.

If you missed the discussion - you also will want to understand why we might say we chatted like cats and dogs - by reading the log

With 8 very active attendees, the rankings for this story were:

Personal Enjoyment: 2.62 (3,2,3,2,2,3,2,4)

Artistic Merit: 2.5 (4,3,2,2,2,2,2,3)

Be sure to also check the additional postings Star has made - very interesting reading.

We do not have a chat planned for 6-2, but will resume on 6-9. The story for that day will be announced sometime after the 2nd.

Hope to see you then, regards-

grip

Personal Evaluation (Interest/Entertainment Value)

5--One of the most engrossing stories I have ever read

4--Very entertaining, I would recommend it to my friends

3--A good read, I might recommend it to people whom I know share my interests or tastes

2--I would not recommend this story to others

1--A really bad read, I am sorry I wasted my time with it

Artistic Value (Social/Emotional content)

5--A work of art, pulitzer prize material.

4--A significant contribution to literature

3--Well written

2--Pretty Forgettable

1--Garbage