2007:04/28 Lamb to the Slaughter: Dahl

Koach_Bot

Our discussion of this story NEVER had a pause or dull moment.

We may have digressed a few times (reference the part of the log where we speculate how long it REALLY takes to cook a frozen leg of lamb and our very yummy talk about cheescake) but the conversation flow was fast and furious.

Although my connection failed repeatedly for the last half hour of the chat, Koach managed to capture and send to me the votes based on our new ranking system. We will now give stories 2 rankings - 1 based on personal level of enjoyment and the other based on artistic/literary value.

The rankings for this story were:

Personal Enjoyment: 4.3 (5,4,4,4,5,4,5,4,4)

Artistic Merit: 3.5 (4,3,3,4,4,,3,3,3,5)

It is kind of funny to realize that we spent the entire allotted time for the chat discussing the story, and uncharacteristically never really branched off into a real discussion of the author (except the enlightening moments about his true inspiration for the story).

Enjoyed it and sorry I was only a sporadic participant at the end with the connection issues. Additionally, I apologize for the delayed posting of the log.

Read, Research, and see you at the next chat !

grip

Log: http://koach.com/Attachments/Lamb_to_Slaughter_log.zip

New Ranking Scales:

Personal Evaluation (Interest/Entertainment Value)

5--One of the most engrossing stories I have ever read

4--Very entertaining, I would recommend it to my friends

3--A good read, I might recommend it to people whom I know share my interests or tastes

2--I would not recommend this story to others

1--A really bad read, I am sorry I wasted my time with it

Artistic Value (Social/Emotional content)

5--A work of art, pulitzer prize material.

4--A significant contribution to literature

3--Well written

2--Pretty Forgettable

1--Garbage