My new look

Koach

• Administrators

For many, many years i have had a nerve disease that affects the trigeminal nerve which runs down the right side of my face. It causes me  facial pain (at least that's what the neurologist calls it), facial numbness, toothaches, and even eye aches. I am only affected on the  right side of my head.

Anyway, recently an MRI showed a bone lesion in the right side of my mandible (jaw bone). Notice I said IN my mandible. The lesion was right in the center of the bone. We had to find out what it was and  eliminate bone cancer and some other horrible diseases as the cause. The only way to do that was to surgically go in through my mouth, drill out a section of the bone, and take a sample for a biopsy, and some other tests. 

The good news is that it is not some horrible disease. I guess is it just a non-malignant tumor. I'll probably have to have another surgery in a year to take another look at it. I am also having another CT scan to make sure the Dr got it all. The bad news though, is that the nerve is badly damaged and frayed. So, I still have a lot of the pain and weird sensations. For example, if  I drink something cold through a straw, ift feels like it is running down the outside of my face.

Anyway, there was quite a bit of bruising from the surgery and I thought you would like to all see my gorgeous new look lol

Koach

face-after-4-days.jpg

• Administrators

Having gone through nerve pain with my granddaughter,  I find it interesting that with the medical science we have today, they still don't seem to be able to do much about that kind of pain.   A spinal cord stimulator helps her but I guess it wouldn't do much for a facial nerve problem.   You look very handsome with that big blue bruise on your face ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Odd said:

What woman were you messing with that punched you in the face?? but yeah that sucks, not much they can do to repair nerves, good it wasnt anything more serious

lol Odd, I guess I can't say, you should see the other guy. A lot of nerve pain is going away as the color fades. In a few months, who knows how good it might be. I sure have my fingers crossed.