Marrage Plans

The Eisenhower Battle Group is due in Norfolk on Friday. Because the boys are still in Colorado Josh and I will be getting married on the 13th. I wish we could do this sooner but there is just too much to do and Josh has several post deployment things to do.

Typical man! Not listening. Koach I said it several times when I was in chat middle of Jan. We would be getting married Saturday but can't. Josh has 3 military legal matters to deal with plus a post deployment shake down of his ship. Even now that 13th date might have to be slipped back. There was an incident while in port back in November. Not sure what happened. Josh also has several meetings too. The biggest problem though is getting everything synced with our families. My mother can't be here before the 13th and Josh's father can't do anything until after the 6th.

I am not going to get too deep into this but Josh and I got married Late Friday afternoon. Josh came in hungry and he suggested while we were having a hotdog on the base that both of us blow off the families and go get a license. We had a Chaplain do the service and we are now married. We can't go anywhere because Josh can't leave his command just yet he has to be available if needed. We are here alone and will be until the boys and uncle Mike get here Wednesday. My mother in law is hopping mad, but oh well life is a ***** and so am I.

And as an afterthought, why exactly are you not in chat telling us these things?

I will be active in the forums, but I will not be in chat for the foreseeable future. 

• Administrators

Congratulations to you both Dawn, and to the boys also, because they are part of this new marraige.    Have a wonderful life together and  I wish you the best of the best :) 

After Uncle Mike arrived this morning Josh and I went over to the Norfolk Naval base. Josh was in his whites and had to do some ships business so I waited near the office where they do IDs. To make a long story short I have my dependent Navy ID card now and have Commissary privileges.  I also saw some great buys yesterday at the Langley AFB BX. Josh also got word this afternoon that his ship will be joining the Stintkin Lincoln Battle group as it crosses the Atlantic later on. Right now the Lincoln is still docked at Newport News Ship building. Right now the Navy is so screwed up there are NO deployed Carrier battle Groups anywhere in the world. I heard President Reagan when addressing a world crisis always asked where was his carriers. If Mr Trump asks this question I guess his Admirals will have to say , sorry Mr president their all docked! Morale right now all across the Navy is horrible. Another problem I heard about today is over the last 8 years the President and his Sec of defense have selected Admirals and Generals in VERY senior leadership positions that are not qualified for these positions. This also has had a negative effect on the Troops.