November 5th, 2016: “The Suffragette’s Election” by J.S. Bangs

Smiley

Please join us for our next chat in #readers_corner at 8:30 P.M. (EDST) on November 5th, 2016 [00:30 A.M. (GMT), November 6th], for a discussion of the story The Suffragette’s Election by J. S. Bangs.  This is a recent speculative story about a time, not too very far in the future, where electronic voting provides every citizen, no matter how woefully ignorant (or even so apathetic that they use automated bots to vote on their behalf), with the opportunity to decide the merits of every proposed law.  Of course, any automated system is subject to hacking, and one then must then decide for themselves whether hacking of a corrupt or stupid system is right or wrong.  I personally have no experience with internet voting, and I refuse to vote "early" as some of my more liberal acquaintances prefer--I always thought there was something wrong with counting votes from people who had died prior to the actual election (even in Chicago where it has been going on for at least 60 years).

With the U.S. elections looming the Tuesday following our next chat, I thought a tale about the election process would provide a welcome relief from the drone of political commercials in the midst of the most unpleasant political campaigns by all candidates in the past 50 years.  The story is interesting, the chat about it should be great.

This story was published on line in the February 2013 on-line edition of Crossed Genres magazine. It's available at:

http://crossedgenres.com/magazine/002-the-suffragettes-election/

Webchat address:  http://koach.com/cha...=readers_corner  

mIRC Users:  /server -m chat3.koach.com:6667 -j #readers_corner

I hope you all enjoy the story as much as I did, and I look forward to discussing the story with you next Saturday evening.  Oh, don't forget to bring a friend.

Log attached:  Readers Log 11-01-2016.txt

Readers Log 11-01-2016.txt