What's been going on over the last 24 months

Hi

I just wanted to write a few words to let everybody know what's been going on with me and why I can't get back into chat for a while longer. In Jan of 2013 I left a bit of a note telling that I was leaving. Well Jan of 2013 was not one of my best months. I won't bore you with why other then to say I lost 2 very close people in my life, my dad and my Maternal Grandmother whom lived in Colorado. There is nothing shameful about mental illness, this was one of the things both of my Counselors stressed during my treatment. I guess my touch with reality was not as strong as I had hoped. Anyway I have been in a good treatment facility near Norfolk Va. I am living now in Newport News just a brief walk from the Newport News Shipyard. One of my favorite things to do when the weather permits is to watch the construction and refueling and updating of several Carriers. I think one will be the new Gerald Ford. I am doing fine and I see my boys on a regular basis. At the current time my internet time is limited by my treatment team and they do not want me using any social media with the exception of some emails and a few visits here a week. I will get through this and come out of it a stronger person and mother.

I thought long and hard before I made this post. I actually also asked one of my team members what they thought about this. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am doing OK. When this is over I plan to stay in the Hampton Roads area.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn

• Administrators

G'day Dawn, I agree with what Koach said, when you are ready we're here, and in the meantime, you know how to get in touch :) Sending you a hug because I can, and an extra two for the boys when you see them from their Aussie Nan.

G'day Dawn, I agree with what Koach said, when you are ready we're here, and in the meantime, you know how to get in touch :) Sending you a hug because I can, and an extra two for the boys when you see them from their Aussie Nan.

Thanks Nan

Actually my boys are here with me now. Jimmys sister will be here tomorrow to take them back to Georgia. Ryan read your message just now and said "who is this Nan person?" I am now trying to explane the events of 2005 and 2006 to him.

Tell Ryan that I often ask who that Nan person is as well.

On a more serious note, sweetie you are going to be fine. When I was grieving my father I was a complete mess. Counseling was a Godsend for me. Therapists are strange and wonderful creatures who are an enormous help. I am (and plan to continue) with my therapist to help me function through recovering from my illnesses. Never feel shame. We are self-loving to be able to let them help us.

We are always here for you, you know that. Big hugs and hug yourself a time or two. :)

• Administrators

Just tell him I'm the wicked witch of the south, who sat up with his mom when he was just home from hospital, and who has followed his progress (and later Cody's progress) since he was a baby.   Maybe one day I will give him a hug in person, you never know what life throws at you :) .. xxx

Hi Dawn, just wanted to pass on my thoughts here. As you enter and leave Beaumont Army Med Center there is a very interesting sign, in essence it says "It takes strength to seek help".

We all miss you here and look forward to your return . . . Happy and healthy.

Who is this Nan person? Well last Friday a few minutes before they left headed back to Georgia Ryan gave her the thumb's up. Over the last few years Ryan has started giving a thumb's up to the good things in life. Trust me on this. In Ryan's mind a thumb up is worth 1000 words of prase. To put this into a proper prospective his older sister Lisa only gets a quick hand wave! All of my chat's and most of my emails from the time period from Aug 2005 til around the close of MSN Chat are saved on a CD. I plan to show these to Ryan in a few more years. These with photo's of me carrying him and some other things I hope he will cherish. BTW Ryan loves Classical music! (6)

• Administrators

Yay, I feel very spesh now that I have had the thumbs up from Ryan !!!   He gets an extra big hug :)    I remember you telling me years ago when he was a baby that you played classical music, how good it is that he now enjoys it.  I think he will definitely cherish the CD when he is given it 

Yes, I did. Actually my secret weapon to get him to relax and drift off to sleep was pachelbels canon in D. Cody is so much like his Father that music really don't do anything for him. Over the last several years Cody has become the trouble maker. I heard that sometime during their last few days before the Christmas holidays last year that the principal at his school called Jimmy in and told him that cody was a cutup and he needs to understand he can't continue like this. Actually I was told by Jimmy's sister that the principal was amazed that Cody was not at all like Ryan was. :| Anyway I am in discussions with Jimmy about getting custody of the boys and bringing them to Newport News to live with me. Jimmy's schedule is so tight he can't give the boys the attention they need. Oh BTW JImmy and I are divorced. I am doing OK. I live in a nice old house almost across the street from the Newport News Shipyard. I have almost the entire top floor. I have a car but honestly with the exception of grocery's and meds everything I need is within walking distance. I love to walk the lenght of Washington Ave. I can see some of the carriers there. I would love to post some photo's but I don't feel comfortable doing so because of stories like this one.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2014/12/05/navy-engineer-indicted-trying-sell-secrets/19972537/

I don't need anymore legal problems. (@) Besides I don't have a camera yet.

• Administrators

Good to hear you are settled and seem to be happy with the changes, Dawn.  It would be great to have the boys with you and kids need to have at least one parent there for them on a very regular basis.   Keep up the improvements and don't post any photos that might get you in trouble lol xxx