Tater Tot Casserole

Star

• Administrators

It looks good and easy to do but why all the frozen stuff?   Fresh is best (and cheaper) I shall try it.   Koach you could use a different soup, perhaps a vegetable soup would be good :) 

Nan,

Koach, can probably expand on my comment better where I would likely be confusing. He was present years ago when I had to excuse myself from chat duty due to one of my invented recipes. The recipe contained bananas, dill pickles, mustard, soy sauce, and raisins. I ate a bite or two of the recipe and knew it was a fail. As soon as I swallowed the last bite, the bowl I was holding (containing the remainder of the "stuff") began to become hot. I'm not sure what caused such a strong exothermic reaction, but my stomach started rumbling and it didn't feel good for a while. Koach's sympathetic and caring response at the time I was able to return was, "I'm never eating at your house."

In summary, this casserole was like that.

this might work as an alteration of shepherd's pie substituing the mashed potatoes for the tater tots....

Brown ground beef with onlion and garlic in a fry pan.  Drain and tranfer to a baking dish spreading evenly on the bottom.  Top with creamed corn and tater tots (instead of mashed potatoes raked with a fork and dabbed with butter).  Bake until golden brown and bubbly.  Allow to cool for a bit prior to slicing and serving.

• 1 year later...