Tuna Melts

Pancake

Okay, everyone has their spin on how to make tuna fish sandwiches .. let alone tuna melts. So I'm going to go ahead and tell you how I make mine, and please feel free to leave your recipes here for yours as well. Heck, I'll try anything once...

Tuna Melt Sandwich(es)

Note: This is really only just enough for one (possibly two) sandwiches. I don't really prepare much for anyone but myself, so... adjust accordingly.

1 can of white albacore tuna (so much better than any kind of tuna out there)

2 Tbps of Mayonnaise (I normally use Miracle Whip Lite)

1 tps of Dill Relish (do NOT for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER use sweet relish - this is is a vital ingredient)

Some (to your own desire) chopped finely spring onions

1 tps of Dijon Mustard (any brand) - please do not use too much.

1 boiled egg (chopped)

1 dash of Paprika

Obviously, all you need to do with that... is mix it all up in a small bowl. Go ahead and try the tuna before adding in the sugar, just to see if you want it any sweeter. I'm a sucker for staying away from the sweet side of things.

Next, get your roll or bread ready. I prefer using potato bread hamburger buns - you only need one and it tastes remarkable. For cheese, I recommend a slice of Colby Jack and another slice of Munster cheese - layer properly over top the tuna that you have on your bread.

Toss it in the oven at 350F for about 5 minutes (please pre-heat while you're mixing, it makes things a tad faster). Take it out and .. well.. Enjoy.

// Notes: You can change the brand names all you want. However there are two things that cannot be changed: Solid White Albacore and the Dill Relish. Do NOT substitute sweet relish for dill relish. The dill relish is an important aspect of the recipe.

• 3 months later...

I made it today for lunch as an open face sandwich on potato bread. I made it with lite mayo, no sugar, and topped with two thin slices of muenster cheese. Excellent!!! Will absolutely make it again. :)

Thanks David.

Thanks for the compliment, gh. It was a recipe that a friend and I, over time, concocted. It took a while until we found that "sweet spot" - but it was well worth it. As for the question you asked me via PM on IRC: I normally use the green part of the spring onion. I'm sure it's fine to use either or, but green packs a bit more flavour.