Bonbon's latest adventure

Nan

• Administrators

So some know that my little Bonbon ruptured her crutiate ligament recently when she jumped off the couch (something she has done frequently for the past 7 years).   A trip to the vet provided the diagnosis, an ultrasound a week later (following some strong painkillers) confirmed it and so she was operated on immediately.  The vet tells me he made a new ligament for her and inserted it in place so she'll be able to get around again eventually.

I was told no walking, I should carry her outside so she could pee then carry her back in again - and no excitement for about 2 months.  Bonbon of course has other ideas and yes she's been staying fairly quiet, but she is more than capable of walking quietly to the yard for her needs.   She has decided that being picked up and put on her blankie on the couch is very handy and she only has to ask nicely and voila!  I'm there to pick her up and put her on the floor.  

So as Laylah was a bit annoyed that her bestie isn't allowed to go for walks and it's no fun walking on your own with your human, we found a "dog pram" for Bonbon, yes they actually make them and do a roaring trade for a variety of dogs (and cats) and their owners.   Now we can go for nice long walks with Laylah and my daughter's boxer Reekoh while PrincessBonbon now sits in her carriage and smiles sweetly at all and sundry.  It's turned a few heads, possibly caused a few drivers to not look where they are driving, but it's definitely helped the cause and been a lot of fun for us to take Bon on her daily walks.

First pic is Bon the day after surgery with her peg leg

Second pic is Bon in her chariot

Bonbon Pram-leg after op - May 2021.jpg

Bonbon Pram May 2021.jpg

• Administrators

Stormy I think a bit of both, she was probably still under the effects of all the meds and of course she knows how to put on a face to suit every occasion lol.

We've now got to the stage where I have removed the mesh "window" on her pram, and she just sits up like a princess with no attempt to jump out.