Fatalities VS Recoveries in Texas

Stormy

Something I have been thinking.

Why does every report we read focus on Fatalities and never mentions the Recoveries?

This image is from Texas a week or so back, They have totally stopped showing Recoveries. Is this simply to keep us as fearful as possible?

Feel free to reply and tell me what you think below.

covid-recovered.png

• Administrators

They do show recoveries, on that update it's 1,297,294.  I think our stats show National and then breakdown by States. 

I think also that the recoveries are the ones to be watched for the future, because apparently there aftermath of having covid can be a whole lot of health problems for life (or what's left of it).   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Do  you really think it's foolish instructions?    When 400,000+ people have died in the USA?  Do you think that perhaps the news sites are trying to get into peoples brains that this is very real and people need to take notice of what is needed to do in order to save lives? 

• Administrators

Unfortunately I get the impression there are many others who feel the same, and unfortunately because of that, I think there will be a lot more deaths and illness until someone sits up and pays attention and cares enough to take drastic action.  

• Administrators

Has it worked in a country with 300 Million people?  I think getting vaccines to everyone would be a great start. But, with the virus mutating as rapidly as it is, that may not work either.  And we can not stay locked down forever.  Unfortunately, this virus may be with us forever, just like the flu we see every year. But, we control that with vaccinations given to a large part of the population every year.

• Administrators

You're going to hate this, but I have to say it .. China did it, and brought their numbers under control and with strong lockdowns and health initiatives and they have a population of over 1 billion.   The vaccines apparently lessen the symptoms of those who get covid-19 but they are saying that people can still get the virus and I'm unsure if they can still pass it on to others.  This is of course, similar to how other vaccines work. 

Our Federal Govt worked with the States and together they made a plan that appears to work, although it's constantly evolving as new things are discovered about this virus.  I don't know what the answer will be eventually and how our world will change, but I do see huge changes and countries like mine and other smaller countries where they have managed to get on top of it (for now) will probably stick with the procedures they have in place as they seem to work.   It's interesting too, that the people who were complaining about lockdowns, politician bullies and how it is "only the flu", are now more accepting of situations where a 3 day lockdown is called due to a case being diagnosed in an area.   We are learning to work around the last minute restrictions, border restrictions and now and then a lockdown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You can not seriously believe numbers from china, can you? In the beginning china ordered everyone to stay inside their homes in Yuhan, and shot anyone that left the building. Should we try that too?

The fact is this, because of our constitution, the federal government can not order states to close their borders. You'd have to change the constitution first. Good luck wit that  Congress can not even agree on the amount of $$ to send out as Stimulus checks..

For all our faults in the US, and we have plenty, I'd not change our laws with any other country in the world.