I did not take a knee.

When my President lied to me and claimed four Americans were murdered because of a video insulting Muslims...I didn't take a knee. When my President shipped pallets of cash to my sworn enemy...I didn't take a knee. When my President failed to identify Muslims as a terrorists and Islam as an enemy of the state...I didn't take a knee. When my President defended a thug who bum-rushed law enforcement...I didn't take a knee. When my President lied to me and said I could keep my doctors and my premiums would go down...I didn't take a knee. When my President sat by passively and enabled ISIS to emerge as a stronger force dedicated to spreading Islamic ideals and continue to murder women and children with chemical gas...I didn't take a knee. While my President identified the weather as the greatest threat to Americas safety while Muslims worldwide are murdering innocent people...I didn't take a knee. When my President chastised law enforcement for their actions but ignored the violence in our streets...I didn't take a knee. While my President insistence that pacifism and reforms in numerous areas of the globe would bring peace but instead led to strengthening of those who seek to destroy us...I didn't take a knee. In all that I never disrespected our Country, our arm forces and Veterans, or our Nation. I remained vigilant. When I got a new President that was when I took a knee then, to THANK GOD!...I didn't write this but this sums up how important to the American People, this Country and the World the TRUMP Presidency is...Open your mind and see the truth. ....... Donald Trump Is My President and I stand with pride for my Country my Flag the National Anthem and all the service men and woman then and now.
I cannot take credit for this wonderfully written post, I copied it.
If you agree please share or copy and paste.

• Administrators

It's true. In time, history will show how poor and corrupt a president Obama was, along with the Clintons. A lot is already coming out regarding the uranium given to Russia in exchange for fat speaking fees to the Clintons. 

• Administrators

Not sure what to "take a knee" means, but the post looks like one of those viral ones doing the rounds of social media.  I never ever copy and paste anything to social media.    I understand the sentiment, and it's probably something that could be said for many country's leaders who are striving to do the right thing for their people. 

• Administrators

Nan, 

Some of our professional football players (and some ahtletes in other sports too) go down on one knee instead of standing with their hand over their heart when our National Anthem is played before sporting events. The athletes claim they are doing this because of social injustice  in the U.S. To many of us, however, we perceive this as an insult to our Flag and our Country. I, and many others, believe that while there may be social injustice (and it is debatable exactly what they mean by that) they are dishonoring all the military personnel that have died protecting the American way of life. After all, these pro athletes are are making millions of dollars because our country is the way it is. While I agree that these athletes have the right to free speech and the right to protest, they are going about it in the wrong way. Instead of bringing people together to work on fixing the problems, they are dividing the country even more. That, in a nutshell is what "taking a knee" is all about.

• Administrators

Thanks for the explanation, I think I understand.   I agree that there is no place where sport and politics should be mixed together.   I also agree that people in the public eye, such as well known sportsmen and women should either do nothing other than play their sport (for which they are paid nicely) or if they feel they need to be involved, take it off the sporting field.   I was confused with the reference to the military as the post seems to be more about the attitude to law enforcement.  But I also know that the military is held in very high esteem in America unlike Australia where I think the police force is probably the higher order.