• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Stormy when I get home I will make a video showing you how to do all of this. In the mean time you need to go to http://openweathermap.org/ and get an API key. Create an account. If you don't want to take a chance with junk mail make a temp email addy with yopmail.com. Once you sign in at your profile page you will see the API key. Once there you should see a 15 or 16 digit key. Go to earthview and look at the options menu on the far right in the middle. Open this and select the weather tab. This is where you put that API key. Once you do this then go back to the earthview main page and look toward the bottom on the left and select the cities button. From there you will see at the top how to select the city. If you want the city tab to move go back to that same menu and look at the right and it will give you options.

Thank you Dawn, that's a huge help. I'm accustomed to being the one with all the answers and have not quite assimilated the idea that I'm no longer capable of the energy and time required to learn everything on my own.

I love the program and now have it so screwed up I might have to delete and begin over LOL. I looked at it about 9 last night and it showed night was over Europe and it sure looked dark outside here to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to use this Earthview software to help teach my boys world geography. When Josh is deployed I can also use it to show them where he is. To this end I have added some selected world cities and show time and weather.

post-3434-0-76673700-1490120579_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this photo from an email this morning. This is the USS Bush. Right now it is the carrier my husband is watching over. Just remember freedom is not free and never has been!

BUSH.jpg

“What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,” 

Jefferson wrote this in a letter to William S. Smith, a diplomatic official in London, on November 13, 1787. 

Jefferson was commenting on Shays’ Rebellion, an armed uprising in Massachusetts that had been put down earlier that year by organized state militia forces. “God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion,” Jefferson remarked. “Let them take arms.”

Reference page is below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-horwitz/thomas-jefferson-and-the_b_273800.html

Before I met and married Josh this photo would have only been something pretty because of the sun. Today I don't just think pretty. When I look at that photo the main idea that comes to my mind is MISSION. That carrier depends on my husband to protect the air and sea around them as they project American strength. I take great pride in this now. I miss my husband and will till the day his ship moors in at Norfolk. My man is a highly trained Navy Surface Warfare Officer. My mission is to keep the home front safe and running so he can do his mission and give it 100% of his ability. I'm at peace with this deployment now, I still don't like it though. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...