April 2, 2016: "Blondes, Blondes, Blondes!" A Ken Sligo Mystery by Jack Bludis

Smiley

Please join us for our next chat in #readers_corner at 8:30 P.M. (EDST) on April 2nd, 2016 (23:30 A.M. (GMT), April 2nd ), for a discussion oBlondes, Blondes, Blondes! by Jack Bludis.  The story is copyrighted 2008 although it tells a story from the late 1940s.

Jack Bludis is an accomplished author of detective stories who grew up in Baltimore, Maryland about the same time as I did.  This story is set in the old "inner harbor" area of the Port of Baltimore, and the "Block" (as the most well known low-brow entertainment district for visiting sailors on the East Coast of the U.S. was known) was exactly as Bludis describes it in this story.  The Gayety Burlesque House was one of the last actual theater style Strip Shows and Vaudeville Houses in the country.  It burned in 1969 marking an end of an era.  (One of my pet peeves are stories where the author is obviously unfamiliar with the geography or demographics of the settings; this story, however, hits the bulls eye on geographic and atmospheric accuracy.)  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Photo of Gayety before the fire

gayety-sm.jpg

The story is available on line at:  http://www.thrillingdetective.com/fiction/06_12_02.html

Meeting Place: 

Webchat: http://koach.com/cha...=readers_corner 

mIRC Users: /server -m chat3.koach.com:6667 -j #readers_corner

I am certain we will have an interesting and entertaining discussion.  Hope to see you all for the chat.

Log Attached:  #readers_corner 20160402.txt

Blondes, Blondes, Blondes

I got kind of carried away on this one, noir detectives are probably my favorite reading adventure.

Dashiel Hammet, Raymond Chandler, Mickey Spillane, Ross McDonald, Robert B. Parker to name just a few, who can forget Bogey in the Maltese Falcon, the novel was done by Hammet.

So I copied this to RTF, HTML and TXT

Thanks Smiley

Blondes blondes blondes.htm

Blondes.rtf

Blondes blondes blondes.txt

Edited by Stormy
Added story link to top of each file