International Women's Day

Logos

Admired Female Contributors  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In celebration of International Women's Day today, March 8, I salute the female role models, leaders, artists, politicians and unsung heroes.

I'd be hard put to designate any single woman I admire most; some of them are listed in the thread poll area.

Add your vote. Add your comments. Join the celebration!

• Administrators

I don't know that I have any special woman to add to the list. I think all women are special. However I would like to see the day when women are given exactly the same opportunities as men. We are getting there but still, in some countries, cultures and even in our own western worlds, there are situations where women are not treated equally. I'd like to see more women CEOs of large companies, and in high management positions. Apparently at the moment it's something like 12% of women in high powered positions in business.

As a woman, I celebrate my womanhood and the achievements I've made in my life. I am one of the lucky ones who has had a family, great employment and a husband who supported me (and did the washing up etc.) when I was working.