Mid 50's Fleetwood TV/Radio/Phono Combo Project

TV_Tech

Here is a set I discovered in an old farm house. The owner was about to tear the house down around it till I happened along. He was too happy to give it to me knowing I was going to restore and save it. I also saved an 1895 Karn pump organ from the same fate from that house. More on it later as that's going to be a HUGE project to refurbish. I have a complete set of NOS (new old stock) tubes for this set. The CRT isn't as good as the RCA or the Electrohome but it should turn out to be pretty decent. All the transformers test good so I am now waiting on the capacitors for this set as well.

post-257-0-90779200-1349127011_thumb.jpeg

This is the chassis pulled from the set. This will get the same treatment as the RCA. New tube set, all wax/paper capacitors replaced and any off value resistors replaced. This chassis is more organized and a lot lighter than that of the older RCA. It's hard to see in the photo of the underside but there is a 2 watt resistor that is burned and cracked in two as a result of a wrong tube installed. I'll have to correct that prior to powering this set up.

post-257-0-38296700-1349130656_thumb.jpg

post-257-0-25609100-1349130678_thumb.jpg