Nan's family animals

Nan

• Administrators

Bonbon is almost here, she had a sleepover with Abi last night because I still have the extra two dogs (who will be going home in the next hour).  Abi and her mum went shopping today and Bonbon went with them.  Abi decided she needed something to make her more girly and here is the result

Bonbon and Abi with bow.jpg

• Administrators

Well here she is, please note that she was covered in baby hair that needed to be removed so her adult coat can come through.  Her next clip will be more "stylish".  The lady who clipped her today is also a qualified vet nurse and she said that no way Bonbon could be a shih tzu as her coat is all wrong.  Her educated guess is that she is a Maltese-Poodle cross or Maltese-Silky Terrier cross.  Now I see her without the big coat, and having had 3 poodles in the past, I am tending towards the Poodle cross.   Tomorrow Bonbon goes to our local vet for a checkup and so that all her vaccinations etc can be recorded with my local vet, so I'm going to ask the vet for an opinion about her breeding also.  As she was handed over to a refuge, they could only go by what they were told at the time.

Here is a pic of her today after her very first clip and I should add she was extremely well behaved for her first time under the clippers.

Bonbon-r2.jpg

• Administrators

We went to the vet today and she said, at first glance she assumed Boni is a toy poodle, but on further inspection she would be 90% certain Boni is a Maltese-Poodle cross, so I'm going to run with that decision and it is how she will be registered next week :)

• Administrators

This little monster has found a Santa hat in Abi's room and despite my best efforts to return it to it's rightful place in the box under Abi's bed, Boni insists on dragging it out and pulling it around the house by the pompom at the end of the hat.  She is funny, feisty and Laylah thinks she is great.  When I took Boni to the vet for a checkup, Laylah was upset and thought she was leaving, never to be seen again, and when I bought her home, Lays was really happy.  So that was confirmation to me that I've made the right decision to get another dog.

Boni2 005-ra.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Boni is growing, she has put on 1 kg since I got her so she is "rounding out".  She went to the beauty shop today and had a hydrobath and a clip and when I picked her up she looked stunning.  We got home and she was off around the yard at 100 mph so I tried to get a photo of her before she looked too scruffy.

BoniBon May2014 003-r.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I have to share this, but be warned anyone who laughs outrageously or makes unkind comments will be server banned for 6 months !!!!!!   These are my daughter's boxers in their new "onsies" (yes they now make onsies for animals).  It's cold here so they should keep them somewhat warm.   My daughter thinks they look cool, I'm not quite convinced lol but they do look very cute.

Reekoh and Migallo in Onsies.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

The newest addition to the family animals is Tzuzu .. she is a boxer pup and she's almost 10 weeks old.   she comes to stay when Kiri is working, here's a couple of photos of her.

Tzuzu 3.jpg

Tzuzu 5.jpg

• 1 month later...