Mini-Bacon Meatballs

Pancake

Ingredients:

2strips of bacon, diced.

¼cup diced onion

1clove of garlic, minced

½lb. Ground sirloin (or mix ¼lb of ground sirloin with 4oz ground turkey or chicken if you wish)

¼cup dry bread crumbs

2Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley

½tsp. Paprika

½tsp. Kosher salt

½tsp. Black peppercorns

1egg, beaten

Preheatoven to 400. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick spray. Cook bacon in askillet over medium-high heat until starting to crisp (don't let itcrisp all the way!) - about four minutes. Remove and set aside aplate covered with a paper towel. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp ofdrippings off of the skillet. Saute onions in the same skillet as thedrippings over medium heat until softened (3 minutes?). Add garlic toskillet and continue cooking for an extra minute.

Combinesirloin, cooked bacon, onion mixture, bread crumbs, parsley, paprika,salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Stir in the beaten egg. Form themixture into 1 inch meatballs and place on the prepared broiler pan.Bake meatballs until fully cooked (10 minutes).

--------------

I use this in my albondigas soup all the time. If you want the recipe for the soup, I can put that up as well. But I know there's not a soul in the world that isn't vegetarian who doesn't like bacon. They're pretty good... smile.gif